stomach/intestinal/gas pain
Two years ago, I had gastric bypass surgery. The first year was fine, but after the second year, I started having issues with pain. Sometimes I have a really bad upset stomach, or its really bad gas pain. I went to my GI doctor, and they wanted to do a colonoscopy and an upper endoscopy. The doctor said it would pin point the problem. I am always taking gas pills, antacids for acid reducers. I did go to the er once, and had a ct scan done of my abdomen, but they didn't find anything. I am still having issues. I thought of writing a food diary to see if it was a certain food, but it doesn't always happen. This  is making me regret having the surgery. Does anyone have any idea or advice? Thanks.
Hi there!

Well, without knowing the relevant clinical details such as the indication for and the type of bypass it would be difficult to comment specifically on the situation. The symptoms may or may not be related to the previous surgery or associated complications. I would suggest going ahead with the investigations suggested by your treating gastroenterologist, so that a definite cause can be identified and adequately treated. Maintaining a food log would also be a good idea, just in case if this happens to be related to dietary causes.

Take care!