Gastroenterology Community
stomach pain after taking antibiotics

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

stomach pain after taking antibiotics

This past Thursday I was diagnosed with Sinusitis and was prescribed with a Steroid pack - CADISTA-MethylPREDNISolone Tablets, USP 4 mg for 6 days and the Sinus Antibiotic- AMOX-CLAV 875 mg for 10 days. After taking a steroid in the morning on Friday before breakfast (like it was noted in the directions on the pack), I took an Antibiotic after I ate about 20 minutes after. Then, instantly, I got dizzy and disoriented. That followed with some come and go headache, and rapid heartbeat that came and go throughout the day that lasted about 5 minutes each time. I got this rapid heartbeat about 4 times that day on  Friday. After taking another steroid pill after I ate lunch, I started having some stomach pain in the upper part of the stomach. I went back to the Emergency Walk-in clinic the same day on a Fri night, and they prescribed me another antibiotic, instead of the one I had. This one was AZITHROMYCIN- 250 mg for 5 days. I was told not to take this antibiotic the next day, on Sat, and just take a steroid pack on Sat, and start taking Antibiotic with the steroid on a Sunday. I took an Antibiotic on Sunday with no food (the directions said WITH or WITH NO food is OK), and right after got a horrible pain in the stomach area. I had that pain all Sunday. Today is Monday, and I am experiencing a bad pain in the stomach area all day, with some terrible dizziness at times. I stopped taking steroid and the antibiotic, though I took 2 pills of steroid today. My question is--- how fast can my stomach pain go away, taking  into consideration that I have not been on Antibiotics for long, from my story-- I only took 2 pills as a Sum (2 different antibiotics) . But I was taking Steroid pills for 3 and 1/2 days, which helped me out a lot, did not make me sick, and after which my nose cleared up completely. So, please, answer my question about my stomach pain. Also, what can I eat to help myself with this horrible pain? I just drank some hot milk with honey, and the pain is kinda gone. The stomach is bloated though, still. Thank you!