stomach pain and abnormal bowel movements
21 y/o male with stomach/bowel problems for 3 years now. I have stomach pain accompanied with diarrhea 3-4 times every day. I have excessive gurgling, popping, burning in my stomach all the time. It is loud and I have excessive burping, along with constant gas. My stool is loose, light brown, and smells abnormal. I thought it was due to certain foods but the problem does not go away whether I eat or not. I can even eat nothing but bread and water or salad and water and still have pain. I am not losing weight and am not aware of any blood in the stool. I have an appointment with a GI doc coming up soon, but am curious if anyone has any ideas as this has stumped doctors in the past. As of now I just take pepto bismol/imodium/tums/fiber/digestive enzymes/probiotics etc and it seems to help but it is still a problem with all that.
bip
It sounds like to me but Im not 100% sure maybe it's IBS and GERD. I know it's very common. What did your doctor tell you she thinks it is? Thats good your going to a GI doc. they will find out what is wrong with you. Does certain foods aggavate you? Do you get bloated, sometimes constitpated and diarrea?
my NP just kind of brushed it off and said because I am young it is not likely I have anything seriously wrong with me and it's probably just IBS. I haven't heard a whole lot about GERD, but maybe that is a contributing factor? I am not aware of any heartburn, my complaint is more toward the stomach region, but I guess if GERD causes problems in the stomach too then it's possible. I don't really have constipation in the typical sense, as I have frequent loose stools. The only thing I have that might be considered constipation is the feeling of incomplete emptying as if I need to go again, or going does not provide a whole lot of relief.

I guess it's possible it's just an extreme case of IBS, it just worries me that I have had stomach pain, diarrhea, and a general flu like feeling (nausea and all that) for 3 years now. Makes me wonder if theres not something up.

I have the pain whether I eat or not, but It does seem I have developed food intolerances. This is weird because I was never lactose intolerant or anything like that, but now I try to stay away from milk and ice cream. I haven't noticed a huge difference with food other than that. I can eat greasy fast food and feel sick and have diarrhea or I can eat plain chicken breast and feel sick with diarrhea. I can even take the day off from eating and feel sick with diarrhea.
bip
Ya, it sounds like you might have IBS it's very common in woman. I have IBS and boy let me tell you sometimes I feel terrible. Just relax and you will be going to the GI doc. and they will tell you everything. That is what I did I went to a GI doc.  and  they told me I have IBS.  

BEST WISHES