Gastroenterology Community
stomach pain/gas immediately after eating
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

stomach pain/gas immediately after eating

Hello there.  About two weeks ago, I went out to eat and had some mussels.  that night i woke up with really intense stomach pain.  all of the next day it was extremely painful, to the extent that i left work early in order to lay down.  i took ibuprofen and some gas-x just to try to tame it a little.  by evening, the pain eased up a little.  however, nearly every day since then, i keep getting a decent amount of pain after eating, and a very distended stomach, both upper and lower.  i also have some pain underneath my right rib.  it's not a dull gnawing pain, but really more of a sharp pain.  it feels like gas, and it comes immediately after eating much of anything.  but even when i pass some gas it doesn't seem to go away.  my bowel movements have been fairly normal i think.  this doesn't stop me from having an appetite, however.  

any clues?
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Gas itself may cause a lot of pain. Upper abdominal bloating is often from H. pylori infection of the stomach. Diagnosis is by a breath test for H. pylori.

Pain under right ribs may again be from gas, or from gallbladder - mostly from gallstones. First test is an ultrasound.

AVOID SUGARS (glucose = sweets, fructose = fruits) and these muesli which all result in a lot of gas.
Blank
thanks.  i have an appointment with my regular doctor next week so i will ask her about these tests.  
Blank
well i'm gonna have an ultrasound for gall stones.  she ruled out h. pylori and hepatitis A.  
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank