stomach pain
ever since childhood ive had gas issues, but now as an adult I am either unable to sleep or im waking up early in the morning in so much pain I can barely move because of the gas and discomfort in my stomach. so bad it makes me vomit. the only way the pain goes away is if I take a hot bath, vomit or go to the bathroom. what could this be?
Wish I could tell you.  I have had about every GI test there is.  My doctor is now going to test me for Chrons and I sure don't want that!
I keep records and I have only had 2 decent days since Christmas but been fighting this since August, been to ER 4 times where they basically do nothing.
I wake up every night, between 4:00 and 5:00 sweating and then my stomach starts rumbling.  I now get up and take the CVS liquid antacid and go back to bed but still wake up nauseated (no vomiting) then the stomach ache and horrible bloating start.  I am then usually taking Pepto Bismol and Omeprazole to help control symptoms.  I spend most of my days lately laying down in agony.  My GI doc mentioned IBS but I don't have diarrhea, or seldom.  I wish I had an answer too as this just ruins your life.
I was treated twice with Xifaxan fir bacterial overgrowth but there was no improvement.
Why someone wakes up like that when sound asleep is beyond me.
I am now afraid to eat and have lost about 12 lbs.
Wish I could help you out.
Gas is a product of diet,A bad diet or even a diet high in certain fibers can cause Gas, or you may have a bacterial issue in the digestive tract, you can see a Gostroenerologist who can test for syomach bacteria like HPylori bacteria that is a nasty troublemaker that causes excess Air (Bloat) a premature full feeling by only eating a little bit, other issues like eating before going to bed, many people with low metabolism, that can be caused by thyroid disease or underactive thyroid, eat heavy snacks or meals before bed, the food just lays there all night and is processed or digested slowly, this would build up gas in the stomach at night, try not eating or drinking soda or carbonated beverages at least 3 hours prior to bed. There is a product you can buy over the counter that will help also called GasX, it contains Simethicone, Some who suufer with Gastritus take this, due to a problem with passing large pockets of gas or air that gets trapped in the stomach and intestines, this product breaks it up into smaller bubbles and allows the system to pass it much easier. Good Luck  FTB4