Gastroenterology Community
stomach problems

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

stomach problems

I have been having stomach pain for 4 months now. I have sore throat, feel food stuck in my throat all the time, feel squeezing pain under my ribs. Went to a doctor, they put me on nexium, which I have been taking for over a month now. It seems like it is not helping at all. I constantly feel discomfort in my stomach, it feels like there is so much gas inside. And lately one of my eyes has been twiching. Please help.
It sounds like you have a hiatal hernia to me. Hiatal hernias can cause most of the symptoms you have mentioned. The acid reflux is causing the sore throat, and the feeling of food being stuck is due to the fact that the hiatal hernia is pressing up through the diaphragm and pushing the esophagus as well. They can also cause chest pains, full feelings and gas. I would see a gastroenterologist and have them do a scan or ultra sound to see if it is a hiatal hernia and what can be done for it.