stomach spasms and nausea
I just recently started having these stomach spasms. It starts with mild pains and spasms in my middle abdomen and then becomes more and more severe as the evening progresses resulting in severe nausea and vomiting and spasms that feel like contractions every 5 or 10 minutes. When the spasms occur, I become extremely nauseated. They last about 30 seconds and then subside and then return. This usually lasts about 12 hours and I am extremely sick the entire time. The pain radiates into my back when th spasm starts. I always thought I had the stomach flu but this is definitely something different. Any suggestions about how to deal with them or what might be causing them?
Hi, is there any diarrhea associated with the spasms? then it could be due to bowel infections. Your persisting symptoms of pain, nausea and vomiting could indicate a viral gastroenteritis. The other causes could be jaundice if there is yellowish discoloration of skin, food poisoning if the symptoms occurred shortly after taking food, peptic ulcer disease and sometimes cholecystitis and pancreatitis. Please consult your primary care physician for further evaluation. In the meantime take oral fluids and OTC acetaminophen for the pain. Regards.
Hi Christy,
I had this exact thing happen to me last Saturday. Put me in the ER. No diarrhea though, just vomiting. I was doubled up in pain. It felt like I was going into labor. I also had random hiccups and belching. I was just wondering if you ever had this diagnosed? Does it continue to happen? How are you dealing with it?