Gastroenterology Community
strange poo
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

strange poo

I went to the toilet this morning and I was horrified to see what looked like cling film or a long piece of plastic come out in one. ow I don't remember ever eating plastic and the smell was the worst I have ever experienced coming out of me I was disgusted and slightly worried. Now I was out last night and drinking alcohol. Lots of thoughts came across my mind like maybe I did eat plastic or that was my stomache lining or somethign I don't know I'm just a bit confused, worried and completely horrified at what the body can produce. Any ideas????
Sex
:  
Female
Weight
:  
Current Medications
:  
n/a
Drug Allergies
:  
n/a
Medical Conditions
:  
n/a
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
See if it happens again.  If it does I would see a GI doctor, as you are healthy with no other health problems.  I can see why you would be concerned.  If it was some type of plastic film you may have accidentally eaten, at least you passed it, the problem comes when you don't.  Keep an eye on what you pass, and if it happens again, or you start having any type of stomach aches or pains, see the doctor.
Blank
Thanks for the advice. It does make me feel better when no one knows what it is cause then at least I know that it is not a common symptom of something else. I will keep my eye on it (although I would rather not) fingers crossed I ate plastic ;-)
Blank
14724043_tn?1436144890
My wife (82) had an eye operation and subsequently appeared to have what she called "glad wrapped stools. I suspect that this might be because of the injection they gave her with the anesthetic.
She had a different kind 2 months earlier with the other eye operation and no problems. This time however she suffered short memory loss and reported having kind of glad wrapped stools. She did complain about pain in her chest. So it may be that what she was given by the anesthetist may have acted adverse to her. While you wrote about your problem some 6 years ago, it might nevertheless be worthwhile to make  sure it was not an adverse reaction to something you either did eat, drink or some injection you may have had.

Gerrit
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank