My daughter who is now 11 has been having severe stomach cramps since she was 3. At first they were few and far between, now she wakes up crying nearly every morning. She has been to have upper and lower GI, which was 2 years ago. She was diagnosed with a mild case of gastritis. They put her on pepcid 2x a day and that didn't help. They thought maybe it was her nerves and put her on zoloft, which i am glad to say was no help, (didnt want her on zoloft). And now they have her on zantac teice a day and hyoscyamine every 6 hours as needed. She is too young to have to go through this and i was wondering if anyone had any ideas that i could run by her doctor is stumped.
Try food elimination. The most offending foods are usually gluten (in wheat, barley, rye and possibly oats) and milk products. If they don't stop the pain, move onto other foods.
At least it's something to try and usually works for a lot of people. It worked for me - 95% of my pain was from gluten - the other 5% was from milk products. And it worked for my daughter. My other daughter won't stick with the diet, but it helped her also when she tried it for a little while. Hope this helps.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.
We're in the process of updating our system during which our trackers and health tools will not be available. We are doing our best to finish this update quickly. They should become available by 6:00 p.m. PST