Gastroenterology Community
sudden gas and bloating

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

sudden gas and bloating

I'm a 25 year old female, and a couple days ago I started experiencing a lot of gas, bloating, and pain associated with the bloating. Nothing has changed in my diet. The bloating subsides when I pass the gas, but almost immediately after, more gas is formed and the bloating returns. Id say I'm passing gas at least every 20 minutes or so and its kind of embarassing. Other than than diet, what could cause such a rapid onset of gas and bloating of this magnitude?? I started taking the antibiotic Amoxicillin almost a week ago, but have never had this issue before with the antibiotic. I'm also a type 1 diabetic on novolog, I have fibromyalgia and am on 10mg oxycodone for that. The only thing that's changed is the antibiotic, but as I said, I've never had this issue before. I sometimes get gassy the week before my period, but that's not for another 2.5 weeks and the gas has never been this bad.