Gastroenterology Community
sudden gas and bloating
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

sudden gas and bloating

I'm a 25 year old female, and a couple days ago I started experiencing a lot of gas, bloating, and pain associated with the bloating. Nothing has changed in my diet. The bloating subsides when I pass the gas, but almost immediately after, more gas is formed and the bloating returns. Id say I'm passing gas at least every 20 minutes or so and its kind of embarassing. Other than than diet, what could cause such a rapid onset of gas and bloating of this magnitude?? I started taking the antibiotic Amoxicillin almost a week ago, but have never had this issue before with the antibiotic. I'm also a type 1 diabetic on novolog, I have fibromyalgia and am on 10mg oxycodone for that. The only thing that's changed is the antibiotic, but as I said, I've never had this issue before. I sometimes get gassy the week before my period, but that's not for another 2.5 weeks and the gas has never been this bad.
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank