Gastroenterology Community
sulfur burps stomach pain

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

sulfur burps stomach pain

same deal other people are saying they have.  so i've been to seea a doctor like 5 billion times.  sometimes i have to go to the hospital the pain gets so bad.  although not so much anymore now that i know how to "controll it i.e. deal with it.  i eat something and it just doesnt digest sits in the stomache until my body decided to clean itself out completely.  i get sulfur burps and bad gas.  the gas and burps dont always happen and then i have to go to the hospital because the build up of gas is so extreme.  no one can tell me what this is.  it ***** because it's 5:30 am and the second time this week.  I eat no animal producand primarily raw food so i wonder what it is that is causing this.  definitely not dairy like some people have said.

This discussion is related to Sulfur burps, vomiting, diarrhea.
I know how you feel. I am just getting over yet another one of what I call my rotten egg disease episodes. I`ve been tested for giaridia-negative, I have crohn`s and Gerd but doc finds no connection they say, I think they think i am nuts, lol. I have elevated LFT`s and they have been high for awhile now. They say the Lft`s may be my fatty liver. I was actually good for about 7 months with no episodes. then about 3 weeks ago I had a couple mild cases of it just the belching. then the other night while eating dinner I started to feel nauseus and my rotten egg burps arrived as well as the extruciating wonderful severe stomach/abdominal pains. About hour later came my usual rotten egg smelly puke and soon as I finish puking I have to hurry and sit on the bowel to have my rotten egg diarreah (diarrhea). this time My vomit and puke looked almost the same, lol. I puked this past episode about 7-8 times. was up all night with the stomach pain and diarreha pouring outta me. The diarreha is what I call SICK diarreah (diarrhea). I get diarreha from my crohn`s disease almost daily but this is different. My belly 2 days later is still bloated and now I have rotten farts and diarreha is slowly going back to normal, lol. well at leat i hope so my stomach just made a bad noise, lol.My husband loves it when i get this, lol. he doesn`t have to even ask. He can smell it before I can even tell him I`m having an episode. No doctor seems concerned or can even give a clue of what this is. It is so horrendous, and it has to be something. I see so many people with the same exact symptoms online all too with no diagnosis. I don`t get it ???? How can so many of us have this and dr`s never heard of it?? even gastro`s???? also I am not lactose intolerant. I say it has to be something with our liver, GERD, crohn`s, colitis, etc. I have no clue but feel for ya :) do you have any of the things i have??? any other symptoms you get, not this??
Hi, I'm a nutritionist.  I have seen this before and SOMETIMES it is a stomach acid problem.  Traditional doctors don't know how to test or test this.  You must have a test called a Heidelberg Gastrogram  (google this).  See if you can find a holistic doctor in your area that does this test.  If not, it would be well worth it to go out of state to have this test done.  I suffered from a very, very, low ph.  No traditional doctors could figure this out.  I burped and gased all the time.  My stomach was always upset.  Then I had this test.  They found I produced like NO hydrochloric acid in my stomach.  They then prescribed pills that, over time, fixed the problem and I've been cured for years.  You will be too.  Good Luck!
For the gas, try taking Activated Charcoal capsules.  You may have to take 5 at a time to get relief.  They may or may not work.  But try them.  Don't take them if your on medication of any kind though.  They will absorb your meds.
I used to have them when I was young everytime I ate boiled eggs. So I stopped eating boiled eggs and never had them since. I eat fried and sometimes scrambled eggs and don't experience in any burbs related to the eggs whatsoever.
The sulfuric smell is from the yolk and it usually come about because you are consuming the yolk of the egg while it's still Intact, whether runny or well cooked. But once mixed in with the egg white, it's somewhat diluted and does not have the same effect.
Hope that helps.
It could be Celiac disease. I'm having the same issues. Look at the symptoms of Celiac. It can cause lactose intolerance, elevated liver enzymes, mouth sores (kanker sores ) b12 deficiency, IBS, stomach distension, gas, bloating, and foul smelling burps and gas..etc. Just a suggestion anyway...
Have you solved this yet? This used to happen to me. It was my gallbladder and ICV valve. I took a supplement for my gallbladder, by Standard Process. And I quit eating popcorn which I think triggered the episodes. All better for a year now!
Have a Gastro question?
100,000+ doctor answers