surgical clips????
i have been hurting thru my back and right chest cavity. It hurts at times to bend over forward or to take a deep breath, feel sharp pain, stabbing, intense. had gallbadder took out in '99, got an x-ray back a week ago. states in notes from x-ray technician that nothing acute was found in thoracis spine but surgical clips noted in upper right quadrant. does this mean that they have left surgical clips in my body???? pain in side feels like there is something in there which is why i went to be x-ray'd to begin with. any advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

This discussion is related to upper right quadrant pain.
Most people don't realize that they have surgical clips left behind when the cystic duct is closed off, but it's not untypical.

If the pain is anything like you had before you had your GB removed, then talk to your doc about having an MRCP done to check the biliary system for 'hidden stones' (yes, that can happen after ther GB is gone), or changes to the ducts. Unfortunately some people do have continuing problems after GB surgery. It can mean pain, change in bowel habits, nausea and some other unfortunate problems.

Are surgical clips supposed to be left in the body?
Clips like those that are used to seal off the cystic duct during gallbladder surgery are meant to be left in the body.