swallowed dental crown
I swallowed my dental crown 2 weeks ago and have not passed it yet. Should I be concerned and what should I do?
As long as you are not experiencing painful symptoms or bad indigestion, I think you have likely passed it without realizing.  You could always get a plane black and white X-ray of your abdomen and see if it shows up anywhere, and the doctor can decide if it's okay to leave it or if it needs to come out.  I know, it's unnerving when something like that happens, I had a couple teeth that broke off in pieces that I accidentally swallowed, and I worried too.  But I told myself they were really no different than swallowing watermelon seeds or eating barely chewed steak, and after many months went by with no serious symptoms, I forgot about it.  Same thing with peas, sometimes they'll come out whole in the waste, and you gotta wonder about how they could make it all the way through in an undigested state.  Openings in the digestive tract are relatively large, and muscles open and close in those places, so unless the crown gets stuck in a turn or pocket of the digestive tract, which would make you rather sick, I think it's gone.
STAY AWAY FROM HARD JELLIED CANDIES 'LIKE JELLY BEANS AND SUCH AS THEY WILL PULL OFF A CROWN VERY EASILY ENDING WITH IT IN YOUR BELLY .  TOOK 4 DAYS BEFORE IT CAME OUT AFTER TRAVELLING THRU MANY FEET OF COLON. BUT APART FROM GOING THRU YOUR FECES TO RETRIEVING IT UNSCATHED . YOU CAN LIVE WITH THAT THERE ARE MORE DISGUSTING THINGS . YOU CAN EASILY REATTACH IT AND SAVE ON AVERAGE 1000.00 DOLLARS.  NO JELLIED CANDIES EVER