sweats
had surgery in Sept. for reflux. I have swelling in my stomach and pain where the tube was put in. when i eat i swell up and feel uncomfortable. They attached the top of my stomach to my esophagitis and put a mesh around the herniaI.I wake up and my body is soaking wet. It's not like a heat flash because I dpon't get awake kicking the cover's off. I'm 68 years old. During the day I get so hot that I feel like my body is on fire. Can you help me determine the cause?    

This discussion is related to Heat Flashes (Flushing).
This sweating appeared right after the surgery in September, or later? And it's only by day and constant, not only after the meal or such? Have you checked your body temperature?
hi, it sounds like you have inflammation in your digestive system probably accompanied by an infection, dont leave it, seek medical attention, good luck.
due to your age and the severity of your flushing,

I would have your Doctor do a series of blood tests. This will help determine if you have an infection of some kind. This will help test your thyroid and liver fAlso, if any of your doctors have ever mentioned the possibility of carcinoid syndrome, have him run a couple of extra blood/ urine tests if he thinks it might be a possibility - Blood test Chromogranin A and a 5HIAA 24 hour urine collection.

Good Luck! Please let us know how you are doing!

Sean