Gastroenterology Community
swollen abdomen

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

swollen abdomen

everytime i eat or drink something my belly swells and I look i am 9 months pregnant. It seems to go down when I have a bowel movement which is several times a day but sometims it takes days to go down and then as soon as I eat or drink it happens again. I have asthma and it makes it very hard for me to breath. I get winded just walking to the bathroom and I have an inhaler that I have been using more and more. I have also gained about 30 lbs in the last 2 months and have had no change in my eating habits. I just seem to be blowing up like a balloon. I also take Gabapentin for siezures could this have anythig to do with weigth gain I started it april and increased it from 100 mg a day to 300 mg a day in June.