thickened gallbladder walls
I have just recently been diagnosed with thickened gallbladder walls, infection, but no stones.  And that my gallbladder is not working.  Is it possible to reverse this condition?
May I ask did you have ultrasound or ct scan to find out. I am having problems with my right side and so often I felt like it was gallbladder related and sometimes feels bloated in that area.
Supershats, unfortunately it's not possible to reverse the situation. Your doc will probably suggest that you have the organ removed.
I went into emergency because of extreme pain on my right side.  I thought it was appendicitis.  Wrong location!!  I had an ultrasound from which they diagnosed the thickened gallbladder walls and an infection, hence the pain.  I was put on antibiotics which cleared the pain in a couple days.  But with the thickened walls, my gallbladder is not squeezing the bile out like it is supposed to do.  They have spoken of surgery which seems my best option at this time.  The pain was located just at the bottom of the rib cage about half way between the center of my body and the extreme side.  I hope this helps you...
wow sounds like mine, but they say mine isn't gallbladder.
He has said as much!  I was thinking of a possible homeopathic way to take care of it.  May I ask where you got your information.  I've been trying to find information on the net, but as yet have been unable to do so.  Do you know what caused the thickening of the walls?
Actually, they set aside the problems with my gallbladder because the untrasound also showed more serious problems in my liver.  I had various tests, ct scan, ekg, gamma scan, mri, and finally a biopsy.  I have carcinoid cancer, with secondary masses on my liver.  Their objective this week is to find the primary source of the cancer.  If any surgeries are scheduled, they will take care of removing the gallbladder at the same time.  Right now they want to be careful of invading the area until they find the source of the cancer.
Oh I see. Well I do hope they find the source and all will go great. The best of luck to you.
Supershats, the thickening of the wall is usually due to some type of inflammatory process. When that happens the muscle doesn't work as it should and it hypertrophies. When that happens, nothing good usually come from it. Although not the same thing, it's similar to what happens with a heart that has to work harder than normal and the muscle of the heart hypertrophies.........the overall result isn't good..