Gastroenterology Community
to have GB removed or not - only positives are pain & 15% HIDA resu...

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

to have GB removed or not - only positives are pain & 15% HIDA results

For over 10 months we've been searching for answers and a direction for my chronic right sided pain - localized right at GB.  7 medical doctors say to remove GB.  One acupuncturist and Chinese dr. says he is confident he can turn the GB around and improve biliary function.  For several months have had success with keeping pain and GB attacks at bay with homeopathic herb and Chinese herbs, along with acupuncture and visceral manipulation (gentle osteopathic treatments).  However, last 3-4 weeks the pain never goes away and sometimes liver gets really congested and occasionally I can feel what might be bile backing up in stomach.  HIDA results in Dec. '08 was 15%.  3 ultrasounds ruled out any stones.  CAT scan negative.  All blood work is ALL normal....no signs of infection or inflammation that can be detected.  How long can I wait before danger of infection or bursting a duct?  Has anyone had success with sphincter of Oddi treatments?  Could that spot become problematic due to inflammation in duodenum?  I have an old history (20+ years ago) of irritable bowel (but cleared up after I wised up about bad diet habits).  My diet is very, very limited right now.  

Any help or suggestions?  Any other tests out there?  
I'm in a similar situation by Dr did a endoscopy and told me I have gastritis and to double up on the Prioslec to see if everything clears up, my pressure is beginning to build up on my right side and the nausea is coming back.  But still I wonder if I should just go ahead and get the GB out.  My HIDA was 11% and negative for gall stones too!  What are you doing?
I have had a CT and ultrasound showing no stones, but have all symptoms of gallbladder problems. Going for HIDA tomorrow & if they even suggest removing it I will let them use a spoon! Anything to end the misery. I know everyone is different about these things and u have to do what is right for u, for me nothing is relieving my symptoms. As for the treatments you are trying, as long as they r working, great, but will u have to continue forever, or is it supposed to cure it? I just feel like, for me, if my gallbladder is not functioning properly & I don't need the organ, I have suffered long enough. I am looking forward to better days when this is not an issue.