Gastroenterology Community
trouble evacuating

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

trouble evacuating

Hi I am a male 26 years old and for the last month and a half I have been having a problem emptying bowels, every time i pass a stool most of it comes out but the last part just gets stuck at the anal canal and no pushing and straining will get it out it has only been getting worse fast, at night i have small dry stool that are getting really hard to pass, every day when i wake up i have to rush to the bathroom the stools are loose and watery and i see blood sometimes. I have 3 or 4 bowel movements a day. i gone to the gi doctor had a colonoscopy, abdominal X-ray a blood test, i submitted a stool sample and everything tested negative, then I went back to the gi docter and they told me i was constipated and they gave me a medicine called linzess, taken it like a week and a half and like the first day or 2 it emptied alot out but then stopped working and now its only getting worse, but it still reduces the bowel movements. I have treid laxatives and have only been eating food with lots of fiber the last month and a half nothing will work it is still getting worse now i feel like i am partially passing a stool 24/7 because it getting stuck so far down. I have been waiting to long for help and have gotten no answers i cant wait another second. i cant go anywhere or enjoy anything because of the discomfort. i cant think of anything i did but about 5 months ago i had severe heartburn and then i had episodes on the toilet with severe stomach aches and passing blood for a couple hours, it was really stange, that lasted for a couple weeks then went away and ever since then my bowels started getting harder to empty, then comes to now. If anyone knows anything about this some info would be very helpful. Thank you.
Hi there!

Well, without knowing the relevant clinical details or a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms or comment specifically on the situation. Constipation could be related to dietary intake, GI obstruction like adhesions, growths/ masses, secondary to GI infections/ inflammations, GI motility issues, hormonal/ endocrine issues, stress/ anxiety, medication side effect etc. While most of these have been ruled out in your case, other possibilities would need to be evaluated for as well. Excessive laxative use can itself lead to secondary constipation. Without a definite diagnosis at hand it is difficult to suggest a management plan. I would suggest consulting an internist or a gastroenterologist for a detailed evaluation of the possible causes and suggestion of an appropriate management plan.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Thank you. I was givin a sitz marker test Ill see what happens
Have a Gastro question?
100,000+ doctor answers