Gastroenterology Community
ulcerative gastritis and an illius

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

ulcerative gastritis and an illius

im 26 and ive just been diagnosed with ulcerative colitis and an ilius do they  make either worse and im always in terrible pain in my stomach and still have blood  in my stool so is ther any type of surgery that can correct my ilius?
Here is an article on ileus.  Ulcerative colitis sounds like a difficult condition to live with.  Have they told you how much of the intestines are involved?  I believe if there is a small section that has serious damage from ulcerative colitis they can remove the section and give at least temporary relief.  As far as ileus, it can have many causes and I don't know if you've just had surgery or if it is a direct result of the colitis or what.  Maybe this article will help.

http://digestive-disorders.health-cares.net/ileus.php
im not sure but ive been in and out of the hospital  like 8 days in 2 weeks and it took 2 colon oskopies and 2 endonoscopies to figure taht out and then they found the ilius that is so groos ive always thought i had a slow moving digestive system but they put me on asacol but i already take 200mg of trazadone 20 mg of lexapro 1000 mg of depakote clonopin and  vicodinn for my pain im also bi polar with a seizure disorder so my life really sux at 26 im on so many meds i cant even always remmember them all