uncontrollable bowel movements
K39
I have been having uncontrollable bowel issues for the passed few weeks and am growing concerned. It is not diarrhea, but actual bowel movements. In the past I had major issues with ulcerative colitis and while this experience is unlike what I went through with that, I am growing concerned that there could be something else going on. Is this a symptom of colon cancer? Having the recent passing of my sister from cancer, I have a heightened fear of cancer. Help please.
I'm not a doctor but I have heard that the nerves can be desensitized from trama, leaving you unable to feel when you have to go.  I think Ulcerative colitis probably can be very tramatic.  My cousin's son had a blockage from constipation and he experienced the same thing when his colon streched to allow the bowel movement to go around the blockage.  Either way, its a sign that some kind of damage is taking place.  I would contacted my doctor.
K39
Thank you for the comment and info, DR or not. Sadly, I can sense when I have to go, it just comes on as an urgency at the most in-opportunistic times, like driving or teaching my exercise class. That being said, I figure I do need to see a Dr, just was hoping for more info then what i have found thus far on the web. Thanks again.