unidentified gastrointestinal issue
I am recovering from a recent bout of what seemed to be gastroenteritis. I had constant diarrhea for 5 days, plus nausea and crampy pains in my stomach and bowel. I was hospitalised for severe dehydration, where numerous bloods were taken. Results showed a slightly elevated white cell count. My issue is that even though I am feeling slightly better 3 days later and have resumed eating, my stomach is behaving strangely. It is constantly gurgling (almost non-stop) and feels like there is gas bubbling in it constantly. It's not painful, more uncomfortable. I take 20mg of omeprazole daily for GERD. Should I be concerned, or is this normal? Thanks
Hi, postinfection it will take sometime for the bowels to settle down, so give it time. Continue with your medications and avoid foods like milk and milk products, high fat or greasy food,  foods that have a lot of fiber like citrus fruits and  very sweet foods, such as cakes and sweets. Also, ensure to include organic yogurt with your meals, this promotes regrowth of normal intestinal flora. Regards.
Thanks so much. Things are indeed on the mend.
Regards