upper abdominal pain
I am a 52 year old female.I keep having these bouts of upper abdominal pain and the pain intenisfies rapidly and then I get chills,nausea and vomiting.I can't lay down sit or stand up as the pain is the same in any poistion.I have had an ultrasound,hida scan and last night had a ct with contrast.Everything comes back normal.It normally starts not long after I eat.It doesn't matter what I eat.Can anybody shed any light on what might be causing this.I am going to GI Dr. next week.I need help.Thank you for any responses.
I have the same problem ma'am. I've been to the ER twice this week and they think it's Acid Reflux Disease. So I I'm getting an upper endoscopoy done on the 3rd of December to see if I have GERD. Does the pain move into your throat and is it hard for you to eat? I've had X-rays done and they didn't find anything. I was prescribed Nexium but that hasn't helped at all. I'm on Zofran for the nausea and that doesn't help at all. Do you have a lot of dry heaving? Like you need to bring it up but it won't come up? Do you get nausea when you wake up in the morining? I'd suggest a very very light meal like toast with peanut butter or Ramen Noodles. Do you smoke and/or drink? Because those can make the pain worse.
Thank you for responding as I need any suugestions that anyone can offer.I am also having an endoscopy Dec.6th and will post my results.Let me know how yours goes.Happy Holidays.