Gastroenterology Community
upper center of stomach pain

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

upper center of stomach pain

Hi I am asking this for my wife she has been having very sharp pain in the upper center of her stomach like right below where your ribs meet and the pain somtimes also hurts under right lower ribs.but does not go anywhere else and no other symptoms no fever or upset stomach just the pain right in the center also when this does happen it is somtimes after she eats can anyone give any info.She has been dealing with this off and on for a few years she has been tested for gallblater and stones and they said that it looked ok just some sludge.What ever that means any info would be great. Thank you.
Sounds like it still could be her gallbladder, regardless something is causing her pain and I would see a GI doctor and get checked out as there are a number of things that can cause this type of pain.
Thanks for the help I am just trying to see if anyone else has had the same pain in the same place she is one of those people who won't go unless she has to she use to have this pain but it just started again after about a year without any pain.
I am going thrue the same thing,about a month ago i went to th E.R with the same thing and they said they could not see anything in the ex rays or the ultrasound .to go back if the pain persisted.