Gastroenterology Community
upper gas discomfort near the sternum
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

upper gas discomfort near the sternum

I am 53 and lately have started experiencing what feels like gas  and bloating pain just below my sternum- It is like what I have eaten is taking along time to travel down to my stomach. I have had my gallbladder out about 21 years ago- I am on thyroid medicine and also on vicodin for lower back pain- It comes and goes and sometimes when I am laying down, it causes difficulties in breathing for a short period of time. Any clue as to what this could be.
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Sorry you feel this bad.  Are you feeling blocked up some? That might be causing it some? just an idea let me know if you any better yet?
Blank
The discomfort comes and goes- I am not blocked up although that  happens- Thank you for the note
Blank
I was taking vicodin for knee pain and developed similar symptoms.  Doctors found a small hiatal hernia and a slow acting gall bladder.  The HIDA scan showed this.  I think the  slow release of bile may be creating the gas and discomfort.. i'm wondering if Vicodin is the culprit.  I know you can't be taking any pain killers while taking the test.  Any thoughts?
Blank
I was thinking that perhaps it might be something like that. I will have to check into that further I had my gallbladder out, but sometimes the bile buildup does cause some problems. Never like this though. This is a starting point. thank you
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources
Top Digestive Answerers
Blank
fntn
MI