Gastroenterology Community
upper left quadrant pain/burning

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

upper left quadrant pain/burning

Hello for quite some time now i have been having this pain on and off for several yrs now . in my upper left quad area just right below the ribs it raidiates from front to side to back the area in front/side is sometimes tender , or when i sit i get a feeling like something is inside that shouldnt be , anyways it comes and goes  but i also started noticing that i have real bad heart burn/ indigestion (anti acids dont help ) i also notice i do burp alot for a female lol and loud too lol , i do have gas, and just recently i have been feeling bloated in my stomach ,and now a real bad burning sensation in my upper left area exspecially when im in a sitting position  . and some dull pain that goes toward the center of my belly. i really havent paid any attention to see if any foods are the problem , i did have a few drinks last weekend though and if i remeber not quiet sure though that the last time this inflamed or started hurting was  after i drank . im not a heavy drinker , im  social/ special occ. kind of drinker !  i just quit smoking it will be 8 wks on friday ! i dont eat much of spicy foods . i do eat my fair share of fried foods though . i did a low carb diet not long ago lost 8 lbs but couldnt shake no more went for a wk and didnt lose anything . so i ended up giving up and gained all my weight back . i do noticed i am bloated in my hands .expecially in the mornings  ! i rarely drink sodas , i drink alot of water ,and green tea . also noticed after i eat i feel  like i just ate a whole turkey feast very bloated feeling ! Anyways  im starting to think maybe its a ulcer . i dunno . i did get a  ct scan done w/o contrast  cause doc thought i had a kidney stone  , he said he didnt see anything and left it at that . like i said i do get pain in my left kidney area , side and front just below my ribcage . also he thinks i have a calsuim build up on my left ribcage . cause i have some sort of lump there . anyways im just wondering if there is anyone else out there with same symptoms and if so have yall been checked out ? im just so tired of going to my doc and him telling me its either a muscle thing  or we dont see anything . well aparently there is something or i wouldnt be hurting like this ! also tired of him being prescription happy  with me . i dont like taking pills so he is actually wasting his prescription pad on me lol haha .unless i absolutly neeed pills then ill take but to keep prescribing me lortabs and naproxens and flexeral is a just a waste !!!!! last time i went he gave me tramadol i mean wth come on now i dont need those things !!!!!  i am only 33 yrs old and sometimes feel like i am 70  i shouldnt feel  like that  !!! Anyways i can go on and on with this lol  i just wanna know if there is anyone else out there with same symptoms and if so pls  comment or email me on here or add me as friend i just wanna know what i should go tell my doc !
I have the same symptoms. My doc said it was my transverse colon (where is makes a big right hand turn). I am very concerned & have an appt with my GI doc. 2 docs have told me it's nothing. I had an abdominal ultrasound about 9-10 months that showed nothing. They did say that everything was moving very slowly through the colon (which can also build up & cause indigestion & heartburn). Either way, I've been freaking out.
Oh wow .. i hope they do find whats wrong and take care of it soon . cause i know we arent suspose to have pain all time like this . its our way of  our bodies telling us that something isnt right . ive had 3 ppl so far said its probley its my gallbladder.  i do have a 2cm cyst on one of my ovaries , and when doc did ct  that he really dint see anything but that. but then again alot pff told me that its hard diag the gallbladder because its hiding behind other organs . and its deep .so im figureing it maybe the tail end of my gallbladder. if it keeps up ill have to go back and jut simply tell him to please check my gallbladder. well i wish you the best of luck with yours !  take care and pls inform me after your gi apt on what they said .
Hi there not sure if you will be back to read this but I am only 23 and I get really bad stomach pains mostly in the morning and it burns like crazt pper chest area and lower abdominal area both burn and just hurt I also get thie sensation something is inside me but it goes away. I have one lil girl and I have had my gallbladder taken emergency since I ended up having an attack 3 days after giving birth. It could be your gallbladder but its doesn't sound like it (but I am no doctor either) When I ha pain with my gallbladder it was in the upper right hand abdominaal area with really bad pinching feeling it would come and go and hurt worse if I had spicy foods or greasy foods or sodas (of course it was hard to stay away from that since I was pregnant hha) anyways I went to the doc about the pain and got refered to do an upper GI to look at my throat and stomach she thinks it might be ulcers (not sure yet) I also burp alot...I am on medication right now for ulcers but it hasn't seemed to help yet. Also I ended up having ecoli and she said that might be the cause of the burning so I am also on antibiotics....anyways from what I have looked up the burning sensation sounds like an ulcer b.c we might be producing to much acid I would ask you oc to have an upper GI done...Good luck to you I hope you find out and if you already have let me know what they said! :)
Hello and thank you for responding to my post ... i have had an upper gi  and they still didnt find anything , had xrays , and ct scan  they didnt see anything wrong . i am now having pain in my right side  but they are in waves and afterwards i pass gas, or sometimes if i pass gas its soon starts to throbb . also when i go number 2 when i push it starts to make my right side hurt . ive posted another topic on here explaining all . i just dont know what this can be , i had the xray girl ask me are u sure it isnt your gallbladder .. i mean i can tell u all my symptoms i am feeling . also i do have GERD.  And im on prilosec  and its help with the heart burn , but sometimes i do still get that regurd.

pain in left side and now pain in right side (towards flank area )
gas
burping
chills ( feels like i have a fever but no fever)
joint pains (  wrists,arms , shoulders and sometimes the knees, and  jaw  ) almost feels like i got the flu (body aches)

anyways i know thats alot of diff , problems but does that sound like gallbladder  ? i mean they did  xray ,ct scan and upper gi and it showed nothing  would any of those show a bad gallbladder ?