Gastroenterology Community
upper stomach problem

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

upper stomach problem

Ive been feeling sick for over a year now and its destroying my life and i need help. It started last march with bad diarrhea and now has turned into cramping just below my ribs with gurggling,nausea. My stools are black and mucous is present. Ive been to the doctor and he thinks i have ibs and gluten intolerance. Ive cut out gluten (was so hard for me to do) and really have been eating so good but yet i feel so sick. Everyday i wake up with a headache and general ill feeling, im afraid to eat or go anywhere. Any suggestions on what this could be or what i can do to get better?
In the same boat as you. Been nauseated since december of 09 and they cant find out whats wrong with me. Things that tend to make me feel a liitle bit better is taking zofran for the nausea. Drinking gingerale. And most importantly I get a washcloth put ice in it and put the cold cloth around my mouth head and neck. For some reson the cold helps tremendously with the nausea. I hope you feel better and if the doc's ever find out whats wrong with you please let us know....,
Ive suffered from severe nausea since Jan 09!!  Also get stomach pain, dizziness and constipation.  Have had numerous tests including ct scan, ultrasound scan, stool samples and endoscopy.  All that showed up was mild gastritis. My dr also thinks Ive got IBS.  Take lansoprazole and domperidone which helps sometimes but not when its severe.  I too put a cold wet flannel on the back of my neck and it does tend to help with the nausea though I dont know why!  Also eat chrystallized ginger (from health stores) which can ease the nausea.  Dont know how to make it stop unfortunately but would love to find a cure as it affects my life badly.  Dont go out of the house much these days cos Im afraid I'll have another 'episode'.  It can just come on out of the blue or be there as soon as I wake up and linger for days at a time.
something for all of you to try... I had severe nausea going since 2005 (not kidding..)

I went gluten free for months but then I realized that it was *fructose* causing it... I had BAD IBS-C and nausea to the point crippling nausea..not saying that's your problem but it was HIDDEN..no doctor around here ever suggested it..

it didn't solve everything but my nausea went waaaaaaaaaaaaaay down (too bad my anxiety still is awful).. turns out i'm still gluten intolerant possibly celiac but thought i'd shout out to you people.. it was really sneaky.  Especially fructans (brown rice..onions..green beans).  Even sea salt gives me issues.  Dairy and Fructose are very hidden..heck you guys could be corn intolerant..

Try chicken and white rice and spinach for a few days or try for at least 4 days go off all supplements..hard I know but google search a elimination diet plan...it's not safe long term but be sherlock holmes with that diet and find out what exactly is the problem and above all stay gluten free!  

.....in the meantime promethazine helped me get through the worst nausea days it knocks you out so I only took half a pill but it helped me get through some rough days.... good luck guys...don't give up.
did anyone of you have these digestive problems right after an endoscopy? i went in for throat not stomach,just wondering if something is a common link between the two.....