vomiting and left side pain (under ribs)
My 11 yr old son has something gi related going on. He's been getting sick (vomiting) after eating for a while now, 6-9 mo's, it was infrequent, usually with chicken tenders or nuggets so we cut those out, then it started with other food, plain pasta with parm, or pizza, fries ... and now cereal in last 6 weeks or so, now it happens almost every day after almost any type of food. He's a horribly picky eater so ruling out much will be a challenge but we will do what we have too. But the pain under left rib just started a few weeks ago.

Pediatrician did blood work and checked for Celiac, it was negative. Other blood work was Ok. Doing stool test this week. Had an appt for a pediatric gi specialist this week, Friday, Nov 20th.

No fever but he says he feels hot., it actually runs below norm -- 97.4 or so.

He's never been a sickly child and all of sudden this. He's missing a lot of school ... and that only makes things harder.

Right now he's on per his pediatrician:
Antibiotic (for 2nd bout of strep in a month) -- dr has changed this antibiotics to make sure he's pain wasn't a side effect, no change

Raglan, Prilosec, probiotic and Zofran as needed. I can't say I have seen a change.

I'm concerned and want a fix. Hopefully the gi dr will help. Any thoughts?
Getting your son in to see a pediatric gastroenterologist is the best thing you can do for him .  I don't feel he should be on Reglan (nasty medication) with bad side affects and should ONLY be prescribed to ADULTS.  This and Prilosec are both used to treat GERD (acid reflux) which he doesn't appear to have, and why he would be on both I don't know! Probiotics help with digestion, and in moving the food along the intestine and colon, which doesn't appear to be happening. The Zofran is for nausea and vomiting in cancer patients while going thru chemo.  It doesn't appear to be helping him at all, I would take him off of them, and only keep him on the antibiotic.  I think your pediatrician is out of his/her league here, and I am happy you are seeing a specialist.  I find it odd that he has had strep throat twice in one month.  Did they actually test for the strep?  I don't know if children have gall bladder problems, hopefully someone who knows this will jump on with some ideas. If your son can keep liquids down, make sure he drinks orange juice and gatorade to keep him from getting dehydrated, which can be life threatening.  Get some Ensure for him to drink, this will provide him with needed vitamins and nutrients for now.  If he's not keeping the liquids down either, then he should be in the hospital where he can get IV nourishment. Good luck to you, and please let us know what you find out, as it may help others.  Take care....
Thank you for all of the info. I agree all of the meds are much but if they helped great but they aren't. Sigh.

As for the strep, yes he was tested both times, both positive. Second time we only took him in for these stomach issues and was tested for strep and it was positive. Mono test was negative. So at that time we thought the vomiting might be related to the strep.

His ped said the pain is most likely his stomach .. so hopefull we'll get some things done on Friday.

Will keep you posted,.