Gastroenterology Community
weird abdominal symptoms

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

weird abdominal symptoms

20 year old male, physically active and fit.

Symptoms have been occuring for roughly 8 months.  Had ultrasound and upper GI in new orleans following katrina and recieved no results from my physician (health care is terrible here right now).  

symptoms are:
-pressure in upper left abdomen
-soft moveable lump under left rib, could be protruding through ribs.
-weird stools, odd looking in texture, sometimes orange in color other times dark brown, most of the time it is soft but no diarrhea or constipation.
-tingling sensation in entire left trunk.
-off and on right side and back pain.
-periodic left arm pain (armpit, elbow)

any help would be great as doctors dont seem to be helping me down here.
You need to call your doctor's office and ask him for the results of your ultrasound and upper GI--or were the records lost due to the hurricane?  (I didn't know if you had the tests done prior to or after the hurricane--can't remember what you wrote).   I have no idea what the lump is under your left rib, but whether it is benign or something serious, obviously it shouldn't be there and you need to find out one way or another what it is.  I assume this is why the ultrasound was done.  Go back to your doctor if you don't get any results over the phone and ask him what the results are of your tests, and if they are normal, and he doesn't already know about it, have him feel the lump that you can feel under your ribs--and be sure to tell him of all your symptoms whether you think they might be related or not.