Gastroenterology Community
what are the symptoms and causes for fluid flilled loops of jejunum and...

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

what are the symptoms and causes for fluid flilled loops of jejunum and ileum

hi there
i am going through a hard time with constant upper abdominal pain from the 17 of june . first i did a endoscopy of the stomach and colon and there was severe gastritis of the stomach . but despite all medications like nexuim 40 mg a day / zantac 150 mg / ulcogant/ buscopan / tylonol /ect,ct i iam still in terrible pain.

i did on the22 of june a ct of the abdomen and to my surprise , my stomach was not  reported on  the resultsof the ct scan  and when i ask the doctor  why my stomach was not on the images for the second time ( i did a mri of the abdomen in march and also my stomach was not on the images) and he told me that probable is was under distended . but the results came back with fluid filled loops of the jejunum and the ileum . and i got antibiotics but i am still in terrible pain . mostly after eating any type of food or after bowel movements ( going to the bathroom) . the pain is so unbearable . it also wakes me up in the middle of the night and  i just can not take it any more . i don't know what else to do or that can be done ? also what are small loops filled with fluid? and causes small intestinal loops ? what exacltly are the symptoms ?

please i need some advise . thank you in advance for your reply !  
Your results would indicate that the intestinal contents are not moving through as well as they should be. This can be caused by a partial obstruction or decreased motility (ileus). The former is the result of a mechanical impediment to forward motion such as adhesions from prior surgery or inflammation, bowel partially trapped in a hernia, mass in the intestine or several other reasons. Ileus is usually caused by a resolving gastroenteritis in the ambulatory patient. n the hospital, we can see it post-operatively or due to electrolyte imbalances. I would think that a small bowel series would be in order. This is a test where you drink some contrast and sequential x-rays are taken as it moves through the small bowel. This would be likely to demonstrate a point of partial obstruction if there is one.
The small intestine always has loops, but it's the way the fluid is caught in them, I believe, that is abnormal.  I do not think it is a specific finding, but Crohns' disease is one problem that it could be indicating.  
Hi  Dr watters
i really appreciate you comment and reply on my post .and any advice you can give me since iam waiting till aug 4 th to see the gastroenterologist again .
from  december 2011 , i was started to feel a weird sensation in my stomach and the Dr did a video capsule to look at my small intestines and a gastroendoscopy to look at my stomach and nothing particular was seen on the pictures of the video capsule and the gastro scopy revealed a lot of bile in the stomach . besides the weird stomach sensation i had from last year from september , ( and up to  to this time )  eggy burping or belching mostly at night( and i don't even eat egg) , but these terrible pain in my stomach and area  starting this year on mei 17 th . i feel like there is something seroius going on in my stomach and small intestines and aometimes i just don;t want to eat to be in pain afterwards .in 1994 i got a collitis of the large intestines but compare to this , is feel this is the worst . i only had one surgery of the gallbladder removal done . i feel like there is something stunk in the samall intestines and bowel movements and after eating makes it worst that i feels some times like my intetines or stomach is getting strangulated/ is that possible too? any more advise ? i thank you for all you help !
hi there and thank you for the reply . are you familiar with this finding on a ct scan ? well i am going through a lot of pain specially after eating and i feel like there is something stunk in my stomach or small intestines and this pain is not easy to manage . i did a video capsule last year in december and an gastroscopy for the sotmach in december and in june and bile and gastritis was seen . nothing serious. but iam over the egde with this pain and symptoms . the ct scan last june revealed these fluid filled loops . what can  i do next ? i am out of thuoghts / any more advise ?
thanks .