Gastroenterology Community
what are the symptoms and causes for fluid flilled loops of jejunum and...
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

what are the symptoms and causes for fluid flilled loops of jejunum and ileum

hi there
i am going through a hard time with constant upper abdominal pain from the 17 of june . first i did a endoscopy of the stomach and colon and there was severe gastritis of the stomach . but despite all medications like nexuim 40 mg a day / zantac 150 mg / ulcogant/ buscopan / tylonol /ect,ct i iam still in terrible pain.

i did on the22 of june a ct of the abdomen and to my surprise , my stomach was not  reported on  the resultsof the ct scan  and when i ask the doctor  why my stomach was not on the images for the second time ( i did a mri of the abdomen in march and also my stomach was not on the images) and he told me that probable is was under distended . but the results came back with fluid filled loops of the jejunum and the ileum . and i got antibiotics but i am still in terrible pain . mostly after eating any type of food or after bowel movements ( going to the bathroom) . the pain is so unbearable . it also wakes me up in the middle of the night and  i just can not take it any more . i don't know what else to do or that can be done ? also what are small loops filled with fluid? and causes small intestinal loops ? what exacltly are the symptoms ?

please i need some advise . thank you in advance for your reply !  
Blank
2827584_tn?1340583296
Your results would indicate that the intestinal contents are not moving through as well as they should be. This can be caused by a partial obstruction or decreased motility (ileus). The former is the result of a mechanical impediment to forward motion such as adhesions from prior surgery or inflammation, bowel partially trapped in a hernia, mass in the intestine or several other reasons. Ileus is usually caused by a resolving gastroenteritis in the ambulatory patient. n the hospital, we can see it post-operatively or due to electrolyte imbalances. I would think that a small bowel series would be in order. This is a test where you drink some contrast and sequential x-rays are taken as it moves through the small bowel. This would be likely to demonstrate a point of partial obstruction if there is one.
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1340994_tn?1374197577
The small intestine always has loops, but it's the way the fluid is caught in them, I believe, that is abnormal.  I do not think it is a specific finding, but Crohns' disease is one problem that it could be indicating.  
Blank
2827584_tn?1340583296
Your results would indicate that the intestinal contents are not moving through as well as they should be. This can be caused by a partial obstruction or decreased motility (ileus). The former is the result of a mechanical impediment to forward motion such as adhesions from prior surgery or inflammation, bowel partially trapped in a hernia, mass in the intestine or several other reasons. Ileus is usually caused by a resolving gastroenteritis in the ambulatory patient. n the hospital, we can see it post-operatively or due to electrolyte imbalances. I would think that a small bowel series would be in order. This is a test where you drink some contrast and sequential x-rays are taken as it moves through the small bowel. This would be likely to demonstrate a point of partial obstruction if there is one.
Blank
Hi  Dr watters
i really appreciate you comment and reply on my post .and any advice you can give me since iam waiting till aug 4 th to see the gastroenterologist again .
from  december 2011 , i was started to feel a weird sensation in my stomach and the Dr did a video capsule to look at my small intestines and a gastroendoscopy to look at my stomach and nothing particular was seen on the pictures of the video capsule and the gastro scopy revealed a lot of bile in the stomach . besides the weird stomach sensation i had from last year from september , ( and up to  to this time )  eggy burping or belching mostly at night( and i don't even eat egg) , but these terrible pain in my stomach and area  starting this year on mei 17 th . i feel like there is something seroius going on in my stomach and small intestines and aometimes i just don;t want to eat to be in pain afterwards .in 1994 i got a collitis of the large intestines but compare to this , is feel this is the worst . i only had one surgery of the gallbladder removal done . i feel like there is something stunk in the samall intestines and bowel movements and after eating makes it worst that i feels some times like my intetines or stomach is getting strangulated/ is that possible too? any more advise ? i thank you for all you help !
Blank
hi there and thank you for the reply . are you familiar with this finding on a ct scan ? well i am going through a lot of pain specially after eating and i feel like there is something stunk in my stomach or small intestines and this pain is not easy to manage . i did a video capsule last year in december and an gastroscopy for the sotmach in december and in june and bile and gastritis was seen . nothing serious. but iam over the egde with this pain and symptoms . the ct scan last june revealed these fluid filled loops . what can  i do next ? i am out of thuoghts / any more advise ?
thanks .
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank