GASTROENTEROLOGY
COMMUNITY
what can cause my right side under ribe cage to hurt?
by Denis3nadin3, Jul 11, 2012
Back in Oct was diagnosed with enlarged spleen and liver.. and old gast doctor didn't do anything so got referred to new one well they did a while bunch of test and gast doctor called me and told me I have cancer in my blood so he sent me to oncology where they did tins of blood work and pet scan and he said no cancer and my spleen and liver is back to normal cause the underline cause was fix.. actually no it wasn't so when I went there he couldn't aswel any of my question nor could he today. And ask him why the gast doctor said I had cancer in my blood he said he ain't a cancer doctor.. so they said it ain't enlarged anymore.. so can the go down by its self on its own and heal? And why do I still have several pain under rib cage? Feels like a bump hurts real bad I still believe its enlarged.. is there a reason why I am sleeping 3 to 4 hrs a day exhausted is it from the liver? I go back to the gast tomorrow.. I just feel that I will be in pain and mirserble the rest of my life.. what could it be making my side hurt so bad? Plzzz any help would be appreciated.
Member Comments (10)
by patient915Blank, Jul 11, 2012
Did you ask your gastroenterologist why he said you had cancer in your blood?  What tests showed it was enlarged and then no longer enlarged?
by Denis3nadin3, Jul 12, 2012
Had cat scan done in Oct and then new gast did another one a month ago but never got the results. And had a pet scan last week and the oncology said they are back to normal cause the underline cause was fixied and nothing was fix all I got was a runaround since Oct and I see the gast doctor today at 10am and will ask him
by Denis3nadin3, Jul 12, 2012
Went to gast doctor he is setting up a liver biopsy and I lost another 10 lbs in 4 weeks total of 51 pounds in 5 months and I eat I eat like a mad lady LOL so they have no clue why I am losing weight, and sleeping during the day ( exhausted)  so I am at my wits end with all doctors.. so I decided after this is done have to live with the pain and I have kicked all my doctors to the curb..I just want to be left anyone for awhile..I give up they win!!!!!!
by patient915Blank, Jul 12, 2012
What was the underlying cause?  I hope you figure this out with the doctor soon.
by Denis3nadin3, Jul 13, 2012
They didn't know what the underlying cause was like I said all I got was a run around from day one..Not very good doctors in NY they try telling me that my liver and spleen are just extra big cause I am tall I said if that was the case then why does it hurt when I lay on it and tell me what ever I do don't fall.. meaning I could rupture it. They just dont know I never got a real answer why both were enlarged..
by Denis3nadin3, Jul 13, 2012
Now if I had better insurance I would of got better care and probably would of got a answer..quick money on Medicare and Medicaid its sad but true.. that's why I refuse to go to any hospital for this or anything! And had to fired all doctors.. But I got excellent care when  lived in PA so something isn't right in NY..So ill have biopsy of the liver and I am done I can live with pain but I will never trust a NY doctor again!!
by patient915Blank, Jul 13, 2012
I don't think you need to conclude that all doctors in a state are bad, just because the couple you have seen are bad.  I am sorry though that the doctors you have seen have not been helpful.
by Denis3nadin3, Jul 14, 2012
U are right I do have a few doctors that are good that I still have like my gyn,eye doctor.. I was in bathroom yesterday from 11:30 till 5:30 pm Idk maybe just give up I have no more fight in me going back n forth to doctors.. and still no answer.. ill just live in pain,live in the bathroom,keep losing weight,keep sleeping during the day..
by Denis3nadin3, Jul 14, 2012
But they kept asking me if I had a transmitted disease Idk why I had cervical cancer.So u think that is possible and all the symptoms I had? I just want to feel better n get out of this miserable life I been in since Oct 2011