Gastroenterology Community
what could this be?

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

what could this be?

ok, so I am a 21 year old female and had my second daughter in dec of 08. since then my bowel habits have been pretty unpredictable and usually resulted in diarrhea. in feb of 2010 i finally went to the dr over the symptoms. the symptoms were severe cramping, diarrhea atleast 5 times or more a day, nausea, vomiting, and dizziness. they treated me for inner ear and tested me for parasites and cdiff. the cdiff came back postive and i started a round of flagyl. i took it for 14 days three times a day. i felt great after a couple days of the medicine and most of the symptoms went away excluding the pain on the left side, cramps, and nausea. in late may early june i started having the diarrhea again and just as often. it had the same consintency, odor, pain, symptoms, as the cdiff so the dr tested again but went ahead and started on the flagyl. this cdiff test came back negative as did the parasite test and everything else. the only positive i got for for occult blood in the stool. i was then transferred to a gi dr who stated it was probably the cdiff again and to continue on flagyl. i have since been off the flagyl and was told to stop the probiotic i was on and so forth. i still have diarrhea most of the time but if it's not diarrhea it's constipation from the imodium (immodium) i have to take. i stay nauseated and i cramp everytime i pass gas or have a bowel movement. i have severe belching all the time not just after eating and i am really weak all the time. my stomach hurts on the left side nearly all the time and they said it wasn't my gallbladder b/c it doesn't hurt far enough over continuously. i have pain right below the middle of my chest most days and always after i eat. my chest hurts alot now too like chest pain but more of a heart burn sensation. i have had a ct scan and all the lab work done everything is normal. what do you think this could be? could it still be the cdiff? when it's not diarrhea it's frequent and loose still like 6-15 times a day and really soft. what would the next step be? I am sick of this...I have two children and can't be there for them. I am way too young to go through this everyday. Please help me.

Oh...I go next monday for an EGD and FLEXIBLE Sigmoid scope. What should I expect from them? I know I have to have an enema which i have no clue what that is or how it works or what to expect after getting the enema so any help on that would be great as well...Thanks!