Gastroenterology Community
what is erythematous mucosa?

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

what is erythematous mucosa?

I had an colonoscopy and everything was normal but they did find erythematous mucosa in the rectum.  The doctor told me that they took a biopsied of it and I am waiting for the results.  He said it could be proctitis or prerp injury.  What is erythematous mucosa?  What does it mean if it is found in the rectum?  What is proctiitis?  
Thanks!

Proctitis is an inflammation of the rectum that causes discomfort, bleeding, and occasionally, a discharge of mucus or pus.

Symptoms
Bloody stools
Constipation
Rectal bleeding
Rectal discharge, pus
Rectal pain or discomfort
Tenesmus (pain with bowel movement)
Can anyone tell me what is a tongue of erythematous mucosa next to the pylorus mean. That is what I was told after my endoscopy.  Someone please she some light.