Gastroenterology Community
what kind of a stool sample is this

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

what kind of a stool sample is this

i want to pick up my stool sample cups and what not and they gave me the regular stool sample stuff like tubes with water and a cup but they also gave me a huge jar and another cup i asked what the jar is for he said you need to collect you're stool in this jar for 3 days well i have done that and its starting to really smell i dont get it
Tags: what ??
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi, stool analysis helps to detect infections and sometimes to detect malabsorption syndromes. If it is to rule out infection, you should collect your stool (faeces) sample in a clean container and store the container in a fridge in a sealed plastic bag if you can't hand it in straight away. Talk with the technician regarding the correct method for collection. Regards