Gastroenterology Community
what should i expect?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

what should i expect?

I am 16 years old. I have been sick for the past few months. We couldn't figure out what the problem was. Then the other day i went to my doctor for the second time in a week. He suggested i get my gall bladder tested. The next day i went to the outpatient lab where they did a ultrasound and found no stones. I thought this was good news until after i had my other test done. The next day we recieved a phone call saying that my gall bladder was only functioning 9 out of 100. I would have to have surgery. I have been researching this procedure. It is making me rather depressed because i can never get a straight and honest answer for what it will be like after my surgery. I don't like surgeries much at all, but i realize i need this done. My main concern is if i will lose weight or gain after my surgery. I have been trying to lose weight now for a while. I'm scared that i will have this done and gain weight back or not be able to lose any. Is it possible for me to lose the weight and feel much better after my surgery? I'm not sure when i have to have this done, but from what i know it's suppose to be soon. Feedback is greatly appreciated.

This discussion is related to Complications.