when can i exercise after gallbladder removal?
hi. i am a 25 yr old female and i had my gallbladder removed a week ago on 6/25/2010 by lap chole.
the surgery was performed a week after finding out that i had gallstones frm a hospital visit to the ER. i am
sadly regretting having the surgery so soon now due to the fact that i planned on re enlisting in the military asap.
Now i have to wait for recovery and i dont know how long that will take plus i will have to see what the waiting period is for the army to see how long they expect me to recover. i wanted to be in BCT(basic combat training) by october of this year but now im not sure at all if that will happen. i was in the service before so i am very aware of what to expect from BCT. i just want to know if i will be fully recovered by then and within a month because i want to re enlist by august. right now i still have soreness onmy right side right under my ribs when i walk...i want to start preparing for BCT by doing situps,pushups and running so does anyone know if i can start exercising now or is it going to take months for me to be able to?
It is my understanding that there is no exercising for a minimum of four weeks... why can't you ask your surgeon this question?  
I would ask the surgeon his opinion.  I am 38.   I  felt the soreness gradually fade over a few months. I think I felt the pulling type of feeling when I stood up straight for a good month.    I just had minor soreness after that.  I still did not do any heavy exercising or lifting. I felt my body was not ready for it.