Gastroenterology Community
when can i exercise after gallbladder removal?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

when can i exercise after gallbladder removal?

hi. i am a 25 yr old female and i had my gallbladder removed a week ago on 6/25/2010 by lap chole.
the surgery was performed a week after finding out that i had gallstones frm a hospital visit to the ER. i am
sadly regretting having the surgery so soon now due to the fact that i planned on re enlisting in the military asap.
Now i have to wait for recovery and i dont know how long that will take plus i will have to see what the waiting period is for the army to see how long they expect me to recover. i wanted to be in BCT(basic combat training) by october of this year but now im not sure at all if that will happen. i was in the service before so i am very aware of what to expect from BCT. i just want to know if i will be fully recovered by then and within a month because i want to re enlist by august. right now i still have soreness onmy right side right under my ribs when i walk...i want to start preparing for BCT by doing situps,pushups and running so does anyone know if i can start exercising now or is it going to take months for me to be able to?