Gastroenterology Community
white ball in poop

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

white ball in poop

For the last month, I have noticed small, white balls in my stools.  It has happened about every other day.  The stools are usually very, very soft, though not quite diahrea. They are slightly larger than a large peanut and about the same color.  I finally took one out and cut it open and it was pure white and like a compacted, white powder on the inside.  What could cause this?  And, I am wondering if the use of 'fat substitutes' could be a factor.  I have been eating fat free whipped cream, etc.

Tags: stool

It may just be your diet and what you are choosing to eat. Your diet (and even your lifestyle) may play a big factor in bowel health. This is just advice, I am not a doctor so don't quote me on anything. I would suggest seeing your doctor if there is any pain involved. If not, i'd say a simple change in your diet and or lifestyle should do the trick.

God Bless,

-ksh09