white discharge from tosils
i have had this same problem off and on since i was 18. it took me a while before i looked in my mouth to see what was going on. i would just work them out when they bothered me. once i looked at the problem i found that i have a dozen holes that discharge and three that discharge heavy. so what i started doing was using a blunt tool like a pencil or such to press my tonsils and force these things out. cause i do it regular some times its just a milky white liquid that comes out instead of the hard nodules. recently i have started using my water pick on the lowest setting and placing it in the holes to remove any accumulated junk. i to have been told its normal and its just food but i tried cleaning out the pockets in my tonsils after meals and i still had the problem. i seem to get these things while i sleep not from food. no matter how much i clean them out if I'm going through a period in which they are real bad nothing will stop my breath from stinking.

This discussion is related to White Discharge with odor from throat?.
Look up 'tonsil stones.' You may find the answer.
I was going to say tonsil stones too. I have them sometimes myself and was told to rinse with Listerine. It seems to do the trick. Hope this helps :)