Gastroenterology Community
white fuzz on stool and cramping?

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

white fuzz on stool and cramping?

a few things going on... i just want to make sure its nothing too serious

about a week ago i went to my gyno and was given two 150MG tablets of Fluconazole for a yeast infection. since having visited her, i have noticed the ends of my stools have had a white color to them and possibly a fuzzy texture? i can't tell if the stool itself is white or if there is something white on the stool (it is definitely white, not just pale). i will notice this about every 2 times i have a BM. aside from this my stools have been rather normal. brown-light brown in color, and slightly looser than normal.  i also have noticed some slimy-like mucus either with the stool or when i wipe.

for a little over a week (so this began the night before i'd visited my gyno) i've been feeling slighty gassy/bloated and cramps in my lower abdomen, primarily on the ride side. they feel similar to menstrual cramps, however i've never known menstrual cramps to last for such a long time. i first noticed these symptoms about 6 hours after having eaten out at a restraunt. the meal was pretty rich, and i assumed it was all related, but the symptoms have persisted fairly consistently ever since.

occasionally i will find streaks of blood in my stool, but no signs of blood in my urine.  when this happens i sometimes wipe a very small amount of faint, bright-red blood off onto the toilet paper. this has been going on for almost a year; my doctor did an examination and said that he found a small fissure and that the blood in my stool was likely a result of that.

results from a blood test came back showing my liver was normal, but i am still waiting on results regarding hepatitis A and hepatitis B. the doctor also ordered a stool culture, but i have yet to be able to gather a specimen with the white "stuff" to have cultured, so i am still waiting on this. i have an appointment with a gastroenterologist on wednesday but i am still concerned in the mean time.

should i be concerne that this is more than just something i can pass through my system? after reading various online sources im nervous it may be something more serious and/or fatal.

THANKS!
i should also note that ive also noticed slight lower back pains that tend to accompany the abdominal cramps, although they are not as persistent.
I'm in the same boat!  My cramping started about a week 4 days ago and it was pretty painful!!!!!  Today I found the white stuff you speak of in my stool!  I wonder if it's a stomach bug seeing you just posted this yesterday!!!  My cramping is subsiding but my stomach is mildly irritated though and I'm still gassy.  Where are you located?  I'm in Canada.
im on the east coast in the US. yes- this is SO WEIRD. i brought my stool in to have it cultured yesterday but i was told it would be a few days before any results came back. i will be sure to let you know what the doctor says. my cramping is subsiding as well, but i feel like any time i eat anything- no matter what it is- ill feel gassy and my stomach will growl for a good amount of time after.

do you have any other symptoms other than this?  i havent felt nauseaus or anything though, have u? looking online has scared me slightly. i hope this isnt something more serious but i highly doubt it is. posibly a digestive issue? i read somewhere i may be due to excess yeast as well but who knows. do you have other suggestions or insight?

im also going to the GI onwendesday so i will let you know what he says also!!!
Definitely get back to me and let me know what turns up on your end.  I'm sure your fine but it's good to get it checked out for sure.  Sounds like your staying optimistic and you should.  

Here are a few observations leading up to my really bad day of cramping...
A few weeks prior I had switched from dairy to soya.  I've stopped drinking soya for now.  Is there yeast in Soya???  Not even sure.  I also ate a steak medium rare a few days before.  I'm wondering if the meat was bad.  Can't really think of anything else that may be causing it besides a stomach bug.  Which is what I think it is!

Currently I am feeling a better.  No cramping at all.  Still gassy off and on. Eating isn't a problem.  Bowel movements aren't a problem, I'm able to go with no problems and it's been consistent.  I saw some of the white stuff yesterday but very little.  Today I saw none.  I do however seem to wake up every morning with an upset stomach.  It slowly subsides after a few hours.  Please do let me know how your tests go.
THANK YOU!

Any word?
I have had many of the same symptoms. Answer, energy drinks (to much caffeine)