Gastroenterology Community
yellow stools, intestinal discomfort and feeling like things are gettin...

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

yellow stools, intestinal discomfort and feeling like things are getting digested properly. help!

Hi everyone,

Just looking for some advice and guidance here. I have been having yellow stools now for about 1 1/2 years.  There is also a constant feeling of things feeling like they aren't digesting properly along with some intestinal discomfort. I haven't seen anyone about it till now as I thought things might just resolve themselves. So I saw a GI doctor today and he felt around on my stomach and took a bunch of bloodwork. He said he didn't feel anything abnormal going on and that he wants to wait and see the results of the bloodwork. The disturbing thing is that  he said yellow stools are not a concern and are a "normal" variant. ???????  I have read all over the internet and can remember reading a million posts by docs saying yellow stools are absolutely NOT normal and can be indicative of many things. I have had brown stools all my life and now they are yellow? That cannot be normal. This all happened after a period of heavy drinking that lasted about 2 years. I explained that to him and he still maintained the color change was normal. Well, I will not accept that and am looking for any advice and guidance on how I should proceed with getting to the bottom of the problem. Like what things I should be asked to test for in the future. He said the bloodwork would be testing for a number of different problems so I will wait to see what happens with that and will post my results here.

Any suggestions or insight is would be greatly greatly appreciated! Thanks!
i have had yellow diarrhea for 10 months now and have lost alot of weight . i would ask for a colonoscopy to check things out. i'll let you know what they tell me
I had that color stool and it was my pancreas so I would get a second opinion plus you mentioned drinking so it makes since. My pancreas problems are from a rare problem called pancreas divism with severe chronic pancreatitis. Have you had pancreatitis before?
I would get your Pancreas tested or check to see if your allergic to Gluten Products.
How do I get my pancreas tested? Could it maybe have been in the blood work my doc ordered? He didnt explain everything that was being tested so I will ask him about that. He is also testing for celiac as well. I did show some gluten sensitivity in another test but I dont think that is the cause. I have been gluten free for awhile and it still retains the yellow color. I should get another doctor though. This guy was completely clueless.. Thanks for the replies guys.. Any other suggestions??