Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor Community (GIST) Community
GERD HAS INCREASED A LOT!!!

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions and support relating to Causes, Clinical Trials, Complications, Diagnosis, Living With Issues, Prognosis, Questions to Ask Your Doctor and Treatment Options for GIST.

GERD HAS INCREASED A LOT!!!

I copied the following post from almost 2 years ago, from a user named "lindyy":

'I am a 57 year old female who has never had any gastro problem until I was diagnosed with H Pylori about a year ago.  At the time I had tremendous amounts of gas and bloating even after small abouts of food.I looked 9 months pregnant and had constant pain.  I was treated and and I thought it went away but  now I have the same systems but worse and I am naseous.  I recently had fibroid surgery and was tested for MSRA and was positive. I was treated before the surgery.  I also have a constant nasal drip and throat clearing. I have never had as much as a stomach ache in my life and now I am constantly aware of my digestive system everyday.'

This is only part of it, but the gist of it is that treating h pylori made this person worse.  I believe I am going through the same thing.  I had nausea several days a week before treatment, but now, several weeks after treatment, I have GERD like never before and beyond what I ever imagined.  Constant burning throat, bad taste in mouth, and scared to eat many things.  I am on a PPI, and eat tons of probiotics, but I'm wondering if I'm ruined for life now!  I'm scared, and want to know if anyone else, besides this user, has had simlar experiences at all, and if there is a light at the end of the tunnel.  I'm tired of feeling sick all the time.
Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor Community (GIST) Community Resources