Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor Community (GIST) Community
Gist tumor
About This Community:

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions and support relating to Causes, Clinical Trials, Complications, Diagnosis, Living With Issues, Prognosis, Questions to Ask Your Doctor and Treatment Options for GIST.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Gist tumor

I had a gist tumor removed from my stomach 3 weeks ago. I had been progressing well, but last week, I began having a stabbing pain in my stomach and directly behind in my back. The surgeon said not to worry and gave me a few pain pills. I just had a CT scan that revealed nothing. Can anyone tell me if this is normal or give suggestions on how to find the source of the pain?

Also...although I have the pathology report, it has yet to be diagnosed as benign or malignant. I have been nagging the surgeon for weeks. He said that will be determined by the oncologist that I will see Wednesday, Does this make sense?

Thank you for any help you can give to answer my questions.
HI,
The pain which had erupted three weeks after the surgery can be because of adhesion formation or infection. Painkillers and antibiotics will help tide over the problem. Also your CT scan is normal and this is reassuring. The pathology report will be diagnostic and you should keep your cool till then.
The answer is based on information provided. Exact advice is not possible without a proper examination and investigations. You are requested to consult your Doctor. Take care and keep us posted.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor Community (GIST) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...