Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor Community (GIST) Community
enlarged spleen 132mm (13.2cm).

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions and support relating to Causes, Clinical Trials, Complications, Diagnosis, Living With Issues, Prognosis, Questions to Ask Your Doctor and Treatment Options for GIST.

enlarged spleen 132mm (13.2cm).

Please bare with me and read the whole series of events since 2009.

I have been having constant and sometimes on and off abdominal cramps. The doctor on doing a lot of tests said that I had a malrotation of intestines and he advised me that even after doing a ladd's procedure i might continue to have the pain. I got the procedure done in apr 2010. But have no luck since then. I keep getting pains. With pains, i feel i have no energy most of the times, feel low, fatigue, have on and off diarrhea. The doc has given me a strict no lacto tolerance, and have been avoiding atleast 80% of the time.  

Recently, I got a color doppler scanning done. In the results, the doc mentioned that I have an enlarged spleen of size 132mm or 13.2 cm. I am a bit worried with this. I still continue to feel fatigue, no much strength at all. And truely speaking cannot sit straight at all. Mostly due to the pain, i do less exercises. Due to this I know i am not taking good care of my health as before.

What are your thoughts. Please advice me. Should I get a blood count test done? or is there anything that I can do and talk to the doctor regarding what tests i should get done or any home made remedies please?..

Please help me.

Sunny
Its URGENT doctors and advisers!
Sunny,

I am sorry to here about your condition and can relate to some degree. I have a daughter that has had the ladds procedure when she was 14. She has had trouble with pain, nausea, and diarrhea, much like you describe. We have been to hospitals and specialists galore with no relief. She has also had a foot of her colon removed, presumably a result of twisting. Her last diagnosis was mini blockages from Cleveland Clinic. And we are now considering nerve blocks for the pain. My daughter is now 23.

I am brand new to this site so I'm not sure how it works. I would like to stay in touch with you so we can share helpful information as it becomes available. Thanks and hope to here from you. Mnk12
Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor Community (GIST) Community Resources