Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor Community (GIST) Community
infection after GIST removal
About This Community:

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions and support relating to Causes, Clinical Trials, Complications, Diagnosis, Living With Issues, Prognosis, Questions to Ask Your Doctor and Treatment Options for GIST.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

infection after GIST removal

I have been diganoised as GIST duodenum and had undergone whipple's pancreatico glarodeneclomty 0n 23rd April 2010. I developed complications including  Upple GI bleeding, delayed gastric emptying and respiratory complications from which I was slowly recovering. I have done trachiostomy I am still on Jejunostomy feeds . Now  I have been identified having lung infection for my continous fever and given strong anti biotics .
There is no bleeding in intestine and the CT scan shows no abnormality or blood collection and chest xray is clear.but the doctors can not able to find the reason for the fever which gone up to 105 decree couple days before.  Please let me know the treatment which is given to me correction for my infection
Blank
1180523_tn?1277387642
Which antibiotics are you currently taking? The infection which you have mentioned is a little difficult to treat as it is an uncommon one.

If your condition is stable then maybe you should do an antibiogram in order to determine which antibiotic would be the most useful in treatment of the above named infection.

Stenotrophomonas maltophilia is usually sensitive to co-trimoxazole, ticarcillin, however your doctor should know better which drug you should take.
Related Discussions
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1180523_tn?1277387642
If it is an infection, then strong antibiotics should be sufficient. Which ones are you taking?

Has your condition improved over the last days? Is it stable?

Waiting for your reply.
Regards, John.
Blank
The condition is stable

I have obtained the culture test which says "stenotrophomonas maltophilia" bactrical infection. Pl advise.

regards
Raj
Blank
1180523_tn?1277387642
Which antibiotics are you currently taking? The infection which you have mentioned is a little difficult to treat as it is an uncommon one.

If your condition is stable then maybe you should do an antibiogram in order to determine which antibiotic would be the most useful in treatment of the above named infection.

Stenotrophomonas maltophilia is usually sensitive to co-trimoxazole, ticarcillin, however your doctor should know better which drug you should take.
Blank
The doctor advised me take magnex

regards
MSV
Blank
Thanks for your valueable reply. After taking this magnex I am better now.

regards
Raj
Blank
1180523_tn?1277387642
Dear Uvaa,

It is very good to hear that you are getting better. However, your doctor is the one who should take credit.)))

Wish you all the best.
John.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor Community (GIST) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979