Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor Community (GIST) Community
infection after GIST removal

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions and support relating to Causes, Clinical Trials, Complications, Diagnosis, Living With Issues, Prognosis, Questions to Ask Your Doctor and Treatment Options for GIST.

infection after GIST removal

I have been diganoised as GIST duodenum and had undergone whipple's pancreatico glarodeneclomty 0n 23rd April 2010. I developed complications including  Upple GI bleeding, delayed gastric emptying and respiratory complications from which I was slowly recovering. I have done trachiostomy I am still on Jejunostomy feeds . Now  I have been identified having lung infection for my continous fever and given strong anti biotics .
There is no bleeding in intestine and the CT scan shows no abnormality or blood collection and chest xray is clear.but the doctors can not able to find the reason for the fever which gone up to 105 decree couple days before.  Please let me know the treatment which is given to me correction for my infection
Which antibiotics are you currently taking? The infection which you have mentioned is a little difficult to treat as it is an uncommon one.

If your condition is stable then maybe you should do an antibiogram in order to determine which antibiotic would be the most useful in treatment of the above named infection.

Stenotrophomonas maltophilia is usually sensitive to co-trimoxazole, ticarcillin, however your doctor should know better which drug you should take.
If it is an infection, then strong antibiotics should be sufficient. Which ones are you taking?

Has your condition improved over the last days? Is it stable?

Waiting for your reply.
Regards, John.
The condition is stable

I have obtained the culture test which says "stenotrophomonas maltophilia" bactrical infection. Pl advise.

regards
Raj

The doctor advised me take magnex

regards
MSV
Thanks for your valueable reply. After taking this magnex I am better now.

regards
Raj
Dear Uvaa,

It is very good to hear that you are getting better. However, your doctor is the one who should take credit.)))

Wish you all the best.
John.
Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor Community (GIST) Community Resources
The Death by Heroin
Feb 03 by Julia M Aharonov, DOBlank