General Health Community
10 year old daughter having hot flashes

Join discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations/vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

10 year old daughter having hot flashes

My 10 year old daughter has been having hot flashes for the past few months.  She is a competitive gymnast and very active but lately having hot flash spells.  She gets red in the face, sweats, becomes very hot and faint.  What could be causing this?  She is also complaing of feeling faint and having a stomach ache..... This even happens throughout the night.

This discussion is related to Help with daughter's symptoms - dizzy, faint.
Is she on any meds? as some have side effects if she is ask if she needs the dosage adjusting, or the med changing. Is she drinking enough water especially if she is exercising and in hot weather make sure she is well hydrated as heat stroke can have the symptoms you describe .Good Luck let us know how she is doing
hot flushes are very rare in children. fainting can be due to simple causes, but rarely to some heart problem.
I would go to see the pediatrician