11 month old with tonsillitis
My son had a fever with no other symtoms, I took him to his doctor and they told me it was "viral tonsillitis". So no antibiotics, it just has to run it's course. I was alternating tylenol and motrin every 4 hours and his fever still got up to 104.8. Other than that he stayed around 102 degrees for about 24 hours.  In my opinion 104.8 is VERY high...What if this happens again? what can I do to keep his fever from gettin so high?
If it peaks that high again, maybe you could call you're health insurance's hotline (a lot of insurers have those) to ask if they think his temperature is up to the point where you have to take him to the hospital. And I'm no doctor, but other than that I think you should let his immune system do its job. And I would ease up on the acetaminophen (Tylenol) as soon as it seems safe too.

Don't forget that his immune system is learning how ot cope with infections... so these are important steps in building a strong immune system. If you completely suppress the fever that the body voluntarily created to help kill the virus, you are depriving the body of one tool in it's arsenal... ;+)

I know it's not easy to see your child sick though... but you'll see, nature has done a great job in preparing children for the world out there. :+)