20 year old MALE with nipple discharge
Hey guys, I noticed that I am having a discharge out of my left nipple only. The nipple on my left side looks just like the nipple on the right side. The only physical difference you can see is that the areola on the left side isn't nearly as puffy as the right hand side. The discharge is a cloudy clear color and is stick. There is no indication of blood. The nipple discharge doesn't happen on its own; I have to squeeze it to get any kind of liquid. When I squeeze it, it appears to come out of 1 duct but if I squeeze it hard enough sometimes discharge comes out of 2-3 ducts. The most comes out of the main 1 though.

I went to the doctors and she said she didnt feel any lumps. The left breast isnt sore of sensitive and I haven't ever had any localized breast pain.

I believe i've had this for about 2 years. At first I didn't think anything of it because of it but I decided to bring it up with my doctor because I was having intermittent dull chest pains on the far left side of my chest. They already did chest xrays and nothing ordinary came up. They also did every blood test basically known to man, which all came back normal.

She ordered a TSH and Prolactin blood tests. The TSH test came back low-normal and the prolactin test came back normal. She scheduled me for an ultrasound, which I will be going to next week.

Has anyone had anything like this happen before. Any insight? Thanks!

P.S- I don't do drugs, ive only drank alcohol 4-5 times in my life, and i'm currently not on any medications except for  Flagyl, which I was getting treated with for C.Diff.
Why haven't they done an MRI of your breast?
There really isnt a reason. Maybe she felt that only an ultrasound was necessary. Is an MRI better than an ultrasound?
What were the tsh results? Every lab has a different range that they base the results off of and if you had a low normal you could still have thyroid problems. I would ask in the thyroid forum what they think. You probably need your free T4 and free T3 tested to make sure they are level. Here is a link to autoimmune disorders that may help you. http://www.thyroid-info.com/articles/autoimmune-checklist.htm Best wishes.

Sissie
MRI is better