4 year old on and off fever & other symptoms 6 months...
This ongoing situation with my 4 year old started in November of 2007.  He suddenly came down with a fever (that would range from low to high at various time during the day), Vomiting and general malais.   Didn't want to eat, drink...felt horrible couldn't walk by himself wanted to be carried.  He couldn't keep down motrin ect for fever so went to the hosptial after a week and the dr saying it would take another week to get in.  Hosptial did UTI test, x-rays...blood work for everything...only thing that came out not normal was his White Blood Count - it was border line concerning they said.  They chalked it down to an ear infection (said there was alot of wax...couldn't see too well - but that must be it).  They gave us a round of anti biotics and sent us home.  He started taking the meds and gradually started to get better.  Once the round was over ...he was fine for about 12 days and they he was right back sick  EXACTALLY the same, but WORSE.  I demanded to see our DR and waited in the lobby till he'd see my son.   He said it seemed like a serious virus and gave him another round of antibiotics.   AGAIN..he got better....gradually and finished the meds.  

Since then the same thing has happened 2 additional times...each time we've gone to the hospital (not like we haven't and 2nd opinions as we've seen obviously various drs) and each time they can't pin point anything specific - the last time they did a chest xray and said it looks like he MAY be coming down with pnemonia and that must be it...more antibiotics.... During this time he's started having ICE PICK headaches as well (sudden stabbing pain 1'-2" above his right ear - lasts 20 seconds..he screams grabs his head cries and then recovers within a couple of minutes.  Happens once every 1-2 days...

Well...he we are again...end of MAY...and 2 days ago it started all over again...Fever, feeling sick...doesn't want to eat (when he does he has stomach pains...will vomit), weak feeling (wants to be carried everywhere)...just sick sick sick....I want to get into the Drs on Monday and INSIST on more testing at the childrens hospital - It's bizzar that the meds work and we take the full rounds and then it just comes back.  

Has anyone experienced ANYTHING like this.  I'm just sooo worried about my little guy...prior to this he'd get the common cold - stomach flu...whatever but he normally bounces back and even when sick he still has some spunk and it never takes EVERYTHING out of him....he's a high energy guy..and to see him...he looks just soo sick all the time...and so sad.   Could it be so weird virus that they just can't get rid of? ...or course your mind races with ideas...
Any suggestions....we're located in Canada.