6 year old, headache, stomach ache, fatigue, fever
Hi my daughter is 6 years old and we noticed that she had a lump on the right side of her neck. We took her to the doctor and the doctor actually found 2 more lumps, one one the right mid neck, and the other on the left side. She falls asleep around 9pm and gets up about 6:15 am, she takes a 30 minute nap at school and then will come home and sleep for several hours. She is constantly complaining of a headache, stomach ache, leg cramps, and she will often run a slight fever of 99.6 - 100.5. The doctor ran a blood test and the results showed elevated potassium and a slight elevation in her blood sugar. She then ran another blood test to check her kidneys and gave her a urine test. Those results came back fine and her White Blood Cell Count was normal. Also, if she eats chocolate it will make her feels really sick, so she can have a little but cant eat a full piece of cake. This has been going on for almost a year now and she still has the lumps in her neck about the size of marble. We are stuck in a bad place because we do not want to over medicate her, but then again we do not want her to be in pain. If anyone has any information on what this could possibly be, I would greatly appreciate the help
One year??  A 6 yr old always napping?? Has she been checked for allergies?  

Hopefully your doc has not given up with searching for a solution.

I noticed you are located close to Indianapolis so I would either get a recommendation from her doc or take her to one of the Children's Hospitals in Indianapolis.    If your doctor doesn't solve the problem and won't recommend a specialist or further testing, find a new doc.  
Yes, she has been checked for allergies and the doc said that she is fine. Pretty much the doc said she is just going to wait it out and wait for something to happen, which is pretty scary!
Are you scamming me?  Your child has been doing this for a year?  Go to Indianapolis if you have to beg someone to get you there....don't wait another minute.  Just find another doctor.

I am not scamming you, trust me. The doc has assured me that there is nothing seriously wrong with her, but I cant help but think that there is. I am currently looking for a pediatrician in Indianapolis to take her to. Please don't think that my child is very ill and I am just sitting by and watching, she goes to the doc all the time.

What the doc is saying is that she just requires more sleep than the average child,  the lumps  are nothing to be concerned about and is often normal in children, the fever caused by her molars coming in, and she thinks that she has a milk intolerance which is upsetting her stomach, and she suffers from childhood headaches, all of these things happening at one time.

Her symptoms started in July 09, so not a full year but close enough for me. In July she went to her dads for summer vacation and came home with a staph infection, so the doctor attributed all of the symptoms to the staph, which took several months to fully clear up. So it has been only a few months that these symptoms have been lingering around, all of which the doc has an explanation for.

The doctor has ran several tests and she thinks that my daughter just has a low tolerance for pain so every little ache is a big deal to her. My husband agrees with the doc and thinks that I am just overreacting.

So I thought I would search the web and put a filler out and see if someone else has had the problems that she is having, while I am looking for a new doctor.
My daughter is having the same problems. I was searching the internet this morning and came across ur post. Every symptom from headaches right down to the chocolate is the same with my daughter. She is 9 and this has been going on for about 8~9 months. She had the lumps in her right breast. Her doc keeps saying the same thing to me,"it's just a phase. It just needs to run it's course". Everytime I bring her in sick same thing run it's course. I have missed so much work and on the verge of losing my job & mind if I dont find out what is wrong with her. She is my baby and I just want her to get better. Please tell me u have found a solution to ur daughter's sickness. I despretely need on for my little girl. Their syptoms are identical. If all of their syptoms r just by chance and none related to some bigger sickness, it's aweful weird 2 little girls have the exact same syptoms but nothing is really wrong with them. I know looking for a new doc especially since I have just found ur post... Please tell me u found an answer........ Concerned mom
where are u people from?i'm from stlucia and if u guys were here i would try to help by the help of my grandma.She is the family doctor.our  country has no fair health care and all our kids are dying hopelessly.if wasnt for my grandma my 6 year old daughter would be dead now.she caught a sexual transmitted disease from me and the doctor said there was no hope.she recently suffer headaches with high fever,all the docotr give her is pain relief syrup.
I'm curious.  What did you find out?  I know this was a couple years ago.  We have been going through the same thing with my 7 yr old.  It has been going on for a year and we still don't know.  She has had every test known to man.
my daughter is 6 years old, she had blood work done everything came back fine she also had a mri of her head. came back fine. she gets really bad headaches and stomach aches 4 times a week they are so bad she pukes from them. I am a single mom and im so drain on what to do at this point. they think it is from milk she has been off of milk or anything with milk in it for over 4 months now and she still has the same problems she has lost so much weight from all this. anyone with new information??
I know this is old but if anyone comes here with the same symptoms,go to the doctor and demand to have a test for lymphoma done. Better safe than sorry.