A LOT TO SEE ON ONE CT SCAN
I am only 51.yrs old, I Have diabetes 2 and on insulin. I have a lot of diagnosis but theres a few that I am most concerned about. I have fallen down 7 times in the past 7 months, I catch myself when walking suddenly up a against the wall like I lost my balance again and had the wall not been there I would have fallen. I get dizzy and I get chest pain all the time. Ekg's are abnormal with aschemia, 2 yrs ago I had chest pain that would not go away so I went to ER had an ekg there and failed it. I was there over night for a stress test, I failed in the first 5 minutes. they did an angiogram and said it was fine and further said it superseeds any failed stress test and ekg's. So no worries. I was 48 at that time. I had a CT scan to check for lung cancer, only cuz it was a free study for people with emphysema.  I was diagnosed with COPD in 2009.  I quit smoking finally on 3-12-2013. 5 more days and it will 1 month of no cigs, but I did switch to the E-Cig.  The CT scan found right basilar scarring, bronchial inflammation, bronchiolitis, upper lung predomonant centrilobular emphysema, Coarse density in the inferior medial of the right lower lobe of prominent osteophte,  a 7 mm nodule in my thyroid and aortic atherosclerosis. OMG, is ther really nothing wrong with me.. I am very scaredand and worried.  I have no idea where to start to get to what Dr. and I have no health Insurance. I also have impared vision from cataract in both eyes, due to diabetes this has not been checked for 2 years and my vision is much worse and now I can not drive. Can anyone help me find a starting place?  What is the most important right now and what can wait? Thank you in advance, Mary P
Mary, Diabetes is connected to everything you describe having. Controlling sugar levels is step number one. Dizziness is associated with diabetes with sugar being either too high, but more likely too low. Since diabetes is a vascular illness...affecting the blood vessels through out your body...yes it will affect your eyes too. Control your sugar levels. Check your blood sugar levels and make sure you are using the right amount of insulin.
Congrats on quitting smoking. Keep it up!
Is weight an issue? Are you over weight? Small amounts of exercise helps everything you describe. Not trying out for the Olympics, just short walks that you can tolerate...even if it is just in the house..move a little. Always check your sugar.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR FEED BACK.  
I do know what you are saying. I have better #'s now that I have been on Insulin injections.  I realy do appreciate you taking the time to WAKE ME UP...It is time to control my DIABETES.  I was diagnosed in 2009. I had a short spot from then til now where my sugar was controlled for a few months.
Lutein and Bilberry once saved my friend's eyesight.  You might try that.  Also, it is very important for diabetics to take Cod Liver Oil.  My mother is 94 with diabetes - she takes:  Magnesium, Cod liver oil, Flaxseed oil, Goldenseal, Milk Thistle and cooks with Olive oil.  She has almost reversed her diabetes and does not use artificial sweetners.  Hope this information helps.  PS  she exercises also.
WOW, THAT IS AMAZING. YOUR MOTHER SOUNDS LIKE VERY WISE LADY.  I WILL WRITE THIS STUFF DOWN ON MY SHOPPING LIST. PLRASE TELL YOUR MOM THANKS FOR  ME.
You're welcome.  I forgot to mention that my Mom runs circles around me.  I have Fibromyalgia and heart problems - I exercise and take the same supplements plus more - I am almost as active as Mom, LOL.  But she has more energy than I do!