General Health Community
A rat that inhabits the sewage systems bite me when I was sleeping and ...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

A rat that inhabits the sewage systems bite me when I was sleeping and it was a single bite and bleeding, what should I do please advice me.

A rat that inhabits the sewage systems bite me when I was sleeping and it was a single bite which started bleeding but the wound is small, The The doctor prescribed VERORAB Vaccine which is anti rabies vaccine but the doctor did not wrote the Human Rabies Immunoglobulin (HRIG) or Rabies Immunoglobulin (RIG). I asked the second doctor he also said no need of Human Rabies Immunoglobulin (HRIG) or Rabies Immunoglobulin (RIG) because he said its not a dog bite. I live in Karachi, Pakistan. A friend of mine lives in Australia and he is from India he asked his ucle doctor and his uncle doctor also said that Tetanus shot is enough but if I feel panicked so he said to go for the VERORAB Vaccine but he also said that Human Rabies Immunoglobulin (HRIG) or Rabies Immunoglobulin (RIG) is optional. I am still confused and very much worried.
If you're that worried then insist on the shot to ease your mind!
I read the Rabies Immunoglobulin (RIG) leaflet it says that in its reaction if it makes to any person are of making Blood Pressure low and shocks. After reading it I have become more worried because Low BP is dangerous. I am extremely full of anxiety what to do and what not to do.
I figure that if 3 doctors, including your uncle, said that RIB and HRIB are not needed, then I wouldn't worry about it! :-) You had the vaccine, and are taking the VERORAB, then that is good, and more than likely enough to stave off any infection.  RIB and HRIB are for use when you already have a confirmed case of Rabies.
Thanks.
I had no vaccination ever before this vaccination. Plus, on the leaflet/description of VERORAB Vaccine its written that:

(a) Contact with rodents, rabbits, or hares does not normally necessitate specific rabies treatment.

(b) Discontinue treatment if the animal is in good health after 10 days of observation (for cats and dogs) or if after the animal has been euthanized, the result of the search for rabies by the appropriate laboratory techniques are negative.